The title may seem like a scam but believe me it can be done. I did it. So can you.
Now, you cannot write a fiction in 7 days if you’re new to writing. Of course, it’s my experience and it’s my opinion.
But here’s what you can do in 7 days.
1. You can write 10,000 words
2. You can edit and rewrite the whole first draft
3. You can write a non-fiction which helps people
7 days are very short time. How would one do it?
I follow a simple method which you can follow and get your book done in 7 days.
Let’s get it done.
1.First you need to plan. Take 30 minutes of time and write down things people ask you about. Any topic, any idea would do. Write them down. Browse through the ideas. Which one seems to be a burning pain of people? Are you keen to solve this problem? Don’t waste too much time thinking about it. If you don’t seem to figure out, take one and go to the next step.
2. If you don’t know much about it, take one hour and search about the topic. Make notes and collect quotes. Spend no more than one hour on researching.
3. Once you are done with the research, it’s time to make a quick outline. Write down all the things you have researched and pose them as questions. These questions will be your chapters. Spend 30 minutes on making an outline.
4. Once the above 3 steps are done, it’s time to write. If you are a new writer, don’t worry. Start with one word. Just start. Once you get started, do it for 5 minutes and take a 5 minutes break. Do that until you get in the flow. Take as much time as you want writing the book. I usually take 3-4 days to write the whole book. You can keep your pace as it suits you. But don’t give yourself too much time. Because more room will only lead you to procrastination.
5. Once the writing is done, it’s time to editing and rewriting. Take a day or two to edit, proofread, check the grammar and rewrite the portions you think you can change.
6. Once you are done with the above steps, you can publish your non-fiction book.
If you follow the above steps, you can write a non-fiction book in 7 days. See, it’s not about time. It’s about writing your first, second, third and fourth book and keep on writing.
I wrote 21 books following the same process. You can do it too.
I will write a post later to address the need of those who have never self published their books.
Now, don’t wait. Get started. Start your book. Once you do it, leave a comment below. I love to hear from you. Good luck!