Following are the usual responses from the people around you when you are doing something different or acting differently than the norms of the crowd –
- Are you nuts?
- What the hell you are trying to prove?
- Why you want to do it?
- What other people will think of you?
- Why would you like to go out of the way?
I love these questions. When I do something different and people ask me such kind of questions, I grin and know in my heart that I am in the right track.
There are only two steps in dealing with opinions from the crowd –
1. Love the people who say things like that (because actually they are confirming your path)
2. Ignore what they say (all bullshits should be ignored)
Use these two steps when you are challenged in any way.